A warm welcome to DR Development Pathway
Joining Doncaster Rovers is more than playing football matches or becoming an elite player – it’s an opportunity for your child to reach their potential and be involved in the sport they love wherever their strengths lie.
Your local football club
You don’t have to be born in Doncaster to be #MadeInDoncaster. We welcome players from anywhere in the region including Sheffield, Leeds, Rotherham, Barnsley, Harrowgate, Lincoln, Retford and more. Made in Doncaster is about having a winning attitude and being part of our team as much as having talent. We are your local football club.
Open to all
Uniquely Doncaster Rovers is open to all players from 6 to 16 because our commitment towards our players is as strong as their commitment towards us. Our aim is to develop the person as well as the player, where your child can find their place in football wherever that maybe. We call it football for life.
Excellence in football starts with the know-how of our staff and from every angle of sport, health and wellbeing:
- All our coaches are UEFA A and B qualified, the kite mark for coaching the best players in the world.
- All have FA Youth Awards, a specialised qualification for teaching young players.
- Our team includes a qualified physiotherapist, sport therapist, sport scientist and psychologist to cover all aspects of the game.
First-class with our facilities
We’re lucky enough to have some of the best on-site training facilities in the UK for a club of our size. They include:
- Two floodlit grass pitches, which are ideal for evening play throughout the winter season.
- A full-size, all-weather AstroTurf pitch in 3G, the best quality artificial surface on the market.
- Eight five-a-side AstroTurf pitches, giving all our kids the chance to play and practice.
Competitive when it counts
We believe that competition is in an important part of playing football and we’re proud to have been the first Development Pathway in the UK to offer young players of all abilities regular competitive games against other teams. It means that your child will be given a range of football experiences including friendly games against other Development Centres, Academies and representative teams.
A club that cares
Since the Development Pathway started in 2012, we’ve seen massive growth in our membership. A fantastic 500 children now regularly take part in our programme thanks to qualified coaches, excellent facilities and a different approach to football, but most of all because of the way we take care of our kids. What’s more each year our players are able to take part in a one-off trip and tournament that helps create fabulous memories for life.
We are one team and a community. We are your local club.